FIR Infrared Sauna Therapy
Radiant heat, also called infrared energy, heats objects directly without having to heat the air. Infrared energy can penetrate the body’s tissues over 3.5cm (1.5inches) deep. Radiant heat is softer, heating the air to only 110 – 140 degrees, rather than the 180 – 230 degrees that a traditional sauna might achieve.
This lower temperature allows a deep, penetrating heat in a more pleasant climate, providing more health benefits and fewer side-effects.
What are the Benefits of FIR Infrared Sauna Therapy?
- Detoxifies and Cleanses – Supports the liver and kidneys by direct elimination of harmful toxins through the skin. Detoxification of heavy metals is achieved, including lead, mercury, aluminum, cadmium, and fat-soluble toxins.
- Boosts Immune Response – Shortens recovery period between colds and flu.
- Improves Skin – Profuse sweating helps to cleanse the body of impurities and dead skin cells, leaving the skin glowing and revitalized. Skin tone and elasticity are improved. Infrared sauna therapy has been shown to relieve acne, eczema, psoriasis, burns and removes roughness.
- Clears Cellulite – Helps clear the gel-like lumps of fat, water and debris trapped in pockets beneath the skin.
- Weight Loss – Passive conditioning of the cardiovascular system is achieved with as increase in heart rate, cardiac output and metabolic rate. Burn approximately 300 calories per half hour session.
- Pain relief – Deep heat causes an increase in circulation by opening up blood vessels. An increase in circulation delivers nutrients and oxygen rich blood to the tissues and carries away metabolic waste to be filtered and eliminated.
- Athletic performance – Helps athletes reach their performance goals by increasing circulation and providing heat for optimal stretching for greater flexibility. Also acts as passive cardiovascular training, increasing cardiac output, heart rate and metabolic rate. Warms up muscles pre- and post-exercise to prevent injury.
One Sauna Session (30 minutes) — $21
Package of 5 Sessions — $84
2 Person Sauna Session — $31.50
Towels, water and showering facilities supplied.
Please call our office for sauna bookings at 250-451-9833.