The FIR Sauna is unique in that it utilizes radiant heat. Radiant heat, also called infra-red energy, heats objects directly without having to heat the air. Infra-red energy can penetrate the body's tissues over 3.5cm (1.5inches) deep. Radiant heat is softer, heating the air to only 110 - 140 degrees, rather than the 180 - 230 degrees that a traditional sauna might achieve. This lower temperature allows a deep, penetrating heat in a more pleasant climate, providing more health benefits and fewer side-effects.
What are the benefits of Infrared Sauna Therapy?
* Detoxifies and Cleanses ~ Supports the liver and kidneys by direct elimination of harmful toxins through the skin. Detoxification of heavy metals is achieved, including: lead, mercury, aluminum, cadmium, and fat-soluble toxins.
* Boosts Immune Response ~ Shortens recovery period between colds and flu.
* Improves Skin ~ Profuse sweating helps to cleanse the body of impurities and dead skin cells, leaving the skin glowing and revitalized. Skin tone and elasticity are improved. Infrared sauna therapy has been shown to relieve acne, eczema, psoriasis, burns and removes roughness.
* Clears Cellulite ~ helps clear the gel-like lumps of fat, water and debris trapped in pockets beneth the skin.
* Weight Loss ~ Passive conditioning of the cardiovascular system is achieved with as increase in heart rate, cardiac output and metabolic rate. Burn approximately 300 calories per half hour session.
* Pain relief ~ Deep heat causes an increase in circulation by opening up blood vessels. An increase in circulation delivers nutrients and oxygen rich blood to the tissues and carries away metabolic waste to be filtered and eliminated.
* Athletic performance ~ Helps athletes reach their performance goals by increasing circulation, providing heat for optimal stretching for greater flexibility, passive cardiovascular training - increasing cardiac output, heart rate and metabolic rate. Warms up muscles pre and post exercise to prevent injury.